Better late than never, right?
I’ll make these all Christmas related.
- I prefer white lights on trees and colored lights on houses. Colored lights can overwhelm the ornaments on trees, and white lights look boring on houses.
- We don’t celebrate Christmas as a religious holiday. This blog post sums it up very nicely.
- I believed in Santa until I was 10, when I stayed up past midnight and heard my parents talking even though they said everyone, including themselves, had to be in bed by 12 or he wouldn’t come. The next year, money was really tight and each of us 3 kids got big bags of gifts marked “From Santa” in handwriting that belong to neither of my parents. I knew they couldn’t afford the extra stuff, so I thought that Santa must be real because there was no other way. The next day, I was in my mom’s room, but she didn’t know I was there, and I overheard her telling someone on the phone about how the three bags appeared on the porch late in the night and they thought they were from the church. I was pretty crushed and ashamed that I hung onto the belief for so long.
- We’re not going to tell Ryland that Santa is real. He’s going to be for pretend, just like fictional characters.
- Elf on the Shelf is pretty much the creepiest thing ever.
10 Notes/ Hide
- girlwithaborrowedbluebox likes this
- strengthpluslace likes this
- kaylovestiramisu likes this
- simplyme-alex likes this
- ariavie said: Agreed on the elf.
- chelsearuns said: I am kind of feeling like I don’t want to do the whole “real Santa” thing with my kids either. Feels wrong to lie. Happy to see you on my dash :)
- chelsearuns likes this
- jayhawkerinthecapital likes this
- malloryrunsthis likes this
- courtneyloveslife likes this
- nikkidoesthings posted this